Saturday, May 12, 2018

NEW POWDER

0





When they ask “raise your hand if you want to participate” for any home improvement, I’m in, jumping with boots first and asking questions later. Count me first in line. I live and breathe, my hearts beats for a project. I even dream in my sleep of. So, when the conversation turned to “New Powder Room” you could say I was enthusiastically ready. And I knew exactly what I wanted without having to do any research. I could start today! I am always totally ready. So here is what I did. Start to finish, four days.




Here are a few of ‘before’ photos. Please restrain any criticism, try not to judge, long over due, I know, but…well, life, you get it.


First the room was gutted. A trade expression for yanking out and trashing everything in a room. Forget sentiment. Giant Green Commercial Trash Bin In Driveway. Out. Gone. Done. Bye Bye.


New tile was laid. Grout to follow.


Drywall repair, skimmed and sanded.


Measurements and markings for Board and Batten trim. I wanted to give a small, simple (and not a very exciting) room a little personality.







Up goes the boards, vertical and horizontal and a small simple lip to cap it all off.


New fresh grout.


Finished floor.



Move the light fixture, patch and repair drywall. For the life of me, to this day, I still cannot understand why any light fixture directly over a sink would be off center. Who would do that? A nightmare I lived with every time I walked into this room. Designer personal problems.


A little primer and paint behind vanity and toilet.




Install vanity, top and connect plumbing. Much harder than it looks.


Sand drywall repair and connect new light fixture.



Caulk the space between wood trim and wall.



Prime all wall and trim.

Paint. I used Farrow and Ball 'Strong White' on all trim and space between trim and Benjamin Moore  'Stonington Gray' on wall above molding.







Move in ready!


Boots, off, and they all lived happily ever after. Well, until the next project...



0 comments:

Post a Comment