Saturday, June 3, 2017

SPRING FEVER

0





I got hit with it hard this year. Spring Fever. And I do not mean the good kind. So, I went to the Allergist. He said it is “Allergies. It’s was a very mild winter. Take this.” Still under the weather. Went to the doctor. He said it was a bad cold. “What do you expect, you work with 5-year-olds?” My husband said “I have Spring Fever. Go take a bath.” So I did. And not just any ordinary bath, but a spa bath. With spa salts that I had made a while ago. Filled in cute little jars tucked around the house. BEST BATH EVER! Refreshed and on the mend. Perfect solution to soak your tried bones, aching muscles or if you just need a little time to ease away life’s little worries. It is amazing how wonderful and simple it is to make. So collect some cute jars and follow my recipe or craft a scent of your own. Amazing how simple it is to feel good.


It helps to have a nice tub.

And a cute husband that tends to you…


This is what you will need-

Epsom Salt
Sea Salt
Baking Soda
Essential Oils
Mixing Bowl
Glass Jars


These are a few jars that I have collected, but any glass jar will do. You just need a jar with a lid that will keep the moisture out. My jars came from Restoration Hardware, to purchase...Link here


Epsom Salt up close. It is slightly shinny at first, but becomes dull over time. Epsom Salt helps draws toxins out of the body, reduces inflammation and relaxes the body.


Sea Salt, less shine, a bit grainy. Sea Salt reduces muscle pain and stiffness, and helps detoxify your body.


Epsom Salt on the left, Sea Salt on the right.


  Baking Soda. Baking Soda softens your skin, leaving it silky soft.


The three together.



Measure 1 cup Epsom Salt. 


Add 1 cup Sea Salt.


Add ¼ cup Baking Soda.



Mix well in a bowl.




And 15 drops of Eucalyptus Essential Oil and blend.



Pour into jars. You may need a funnel.


I also made two other scents, lemon verbena and vanilla. I purchased my oils from Whole Foods Market, but you can easily find them and other scents on line. Here is one source where you can purchase...Link here  or here. Once stored, the salts may have to be stirred up in the jar before each use. Fill the tub with the hottest water you can stand, soak for 20 minutes or till your toes wrinkle like raisins and you are pink all over! 


Make a big batch...


Or a small one...


And soak...


Ahhh....




0 comments:

Post a Comment