Saturday, December 12, 2020

MY DOOR

0

Once upon a time (and a time not too long ago) my son needed four new tires for his car. Recently graduated from college, and learning a new way of life (supporting himself), he asked his dad for a little assistance. Of course we would be happy to help. The trade-off, my son was tasked with teaching his mother Word. “I know word, in fact, I know lots of words”.  The dutiful son arrived on our door step every Saturday morning and spent months and endless hours teaching me how to make folders. Quality mother son time. “I know all about folders, just write whatever you want on that little tab and I am good to go…”. “ Cut and paste? How fun, can I use my sparkly glue?”. This is a true story. Many months later the idea came out of the blue, making all these folders I should fill them with my recipes and write a cookbook! Well the cookbook never happened, but somehow the idea for the blog did. And what a surprise. I was amazed and honored. I never expected the enthusiastic outcome it entailed. But, like all good things, there comes a time for a graceful exit. No more posts. Yes, I am starting to write my cookbook and hopefully a coffee table book too. I will still be here, follow me on Instagram- nowthatyouarehome, if you like. Thank you for all your kind words, they humbled and inspired me. This journey taught me the importance of continuing to learn, challenging my skills, taking chances and throwing myself and heart out for public inspection and criticism. A great gift. I thank you. I can’t wait to see where this next adventure takes me. As always, Merry Merry and Happy Happy…


0 comments:

Post a Comment